How can something so vital to our health and a seemingly a natural process be so hard?
It should be easy to fall asleep at will, others do it all the time.
First let analyze the factors that may be affecting the quality of your sleep..
1. Work related stress. Studies conclude that many people are having difficulty sleeping because stress factors involving their job. Considering the state of the global economy right now, this comes as no surprise. There is a natural tendency to be concerned about financial and job security. Many employers are taking advantage of the situation forcing employees to work longer hours and combing job functions to increase workload. Is it any wonder, people come home from work more stressed out and more tired.
2. Health conditions. Some people are able to develop sleeping disorders without knowing it such as sleep apnea. Sleeping disorders are usually caused and triggered by a variety of factors. If you suspect a sleeping disorder, your quality of life depends on seeking the proper professional help.
3. Personal issues. Including stress factors that affect your emotional state. Our lives are full of problems large and small. Many times as we try to relax to fall asleep, is when the these problems come to the forefront of our minds.
4. Sleeping environment. This is also among the things that affect the overall sleeping state of a person. If you have bad sleeping environment, then the tendency of your body is to resist sleeping.
Better Sleep Tips:
- Go to bed and get up at about the same time every day, even on the weekends.
- Don't eat or drink large amounts before bedtime.
- Avoid nicotine, caffeine and alcohol in the evening.
- Exercise regularly.
- Make your bedroom cool, dark, quiet and comfortable.
- Sleep primarily at night.
- Choose a comfortable mattress and pillow.
- Start a relaxing bedtime routine. Do the same things each night to tell your body it's time to wind down.
- Go to bed when you're tired and turn out the lights. If you don't fall asleep within 15 to 20 minutes, get up and do something else. Go back to bed when you're tired. Don't agonize over falling asleep. The stress will only prevent sleep.
Take Care and be well.